Working out consistently is extremely important when trying to accomplish your fitness and health goals. Sometimes we get lazy and we don’t put 100% effort into every workout, this is normal, but will set you back from getting you where you want to be. Here are 8 secrets you should know that will help you optimize each and every workout!
1. Set Realistic Goals
The worst thing you can do is set yourself up for failure by setting unrealistic goals. Start out with smaller and realistic goals that will be the stepping-stones to achieving more difficult ambitions. Begin focusing on increasing healthy behaviors and being consistent with maintaining these habits. For instance if you want to run a 5K but don’t know where to start begin with making it a habit to walk fifteen minutes a day, then add time, distance, and intensity from there.
2. Make Sure your Exercise Routine is Effective
Here are three effective techniques to get fit:
- Strength Training – Incorporate this twice a week for 20-30 minutes a day to help tone your entire body.
- Increase cardio and aerobic exercise – To burn off those calories try to incorporate thirty to forty minutes of low to moderate-intensity physical activity such as walking or running.
- Interval Training – This can be done outside, on the treadmill, or on a bike; interval training can be running for two minutes and then walking for two minutes. This is a great way to burn calories, and is an extremely time-efficient and productive form of exercise.
3. Workout With A Partner
Getting someone to workout with you that has similar goals and lifestyle habits is a great way to encourage and motivate one another. If you are feeling lazy one day it will be less likely for you to skip a workout when you have your friend in your ear telling you to get up and get moving!
4. Be Happy
Realize that you can lose weight and get in shape with any type of exercise. Don’t drag yourself to the gym everyday if you hate it, choose an activity that you enjoy and that makes you happy!
5. Make an exercise plan that fits your lifestyle
It is possible to have a busy lifestyle and have a fitness plan that fits your schedule. The gym and workout classes aren’t always necessary when trying to get fit. Body weight exercises can be done anywhere and can target all parts of your body.
6. Follow your body clock
Knowing when your body has the most energy will help you to optimize your workouts. If you are a morning person schedule your workout classes or routines earlier in the day. Nothing is worse than working out when you have no energy!
7. Get Inspired
Start reading fitness blogs or following Instagram fitness motivations pages. This will begin your ‘fitness state of mind’ and inspire you to get your workout in each and everyday.
8. Be Patient
Know that following all of these tips will help you reach your fitness goals but there will always be ups, downs, setbacks, and victories. Be patient with the process, believe in yourself, and never give up!