Countertop Installers: Installing Granite, Marble Etc. In Hemphill County, Texas
The look of a real marble countertop is breathtaking. It has a certain smooth, coolness about it that can rarely be recreated. Because these materials are heavy and can be difficult to work with, they are generally the more expensive options meant only for the homeowners and designers that will accept only the very best. Because of the expense that is involved, it is best to know exactly what you are looking for when requesting granite, marble, stone , quartz or tiled countertops so that you do not pay for a job that is less than what you would have wanted. It is almost very important that you have these jobs done by a professional countertop installer. Before handing this job to just any contractor, ask these questions:
- Are you licensed and insured in Hemphill County, Texas?
- Is your company bonded?
- Are you listed with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are you a certified contractor?
- Do you hold additional certification for stone countertop work?
- Are you experienced? How many of this type of countertop have you installed?
- Do you have references and can you show photographs?
- What are your rates?
- How long does an average job of this size take to complete?
After finding the right contractor for this project, there will be several more questions to ask before he gets started:
- What will the hours of work be while the project is underway?
- What items will need to be moved out of the kitchen while work is being done?
- What is the general procedure for any delays that might occur?
- How many people will be on the crew?
- Where will materials be stored when they are brought to the home if not installed immediately?
- What is your clean up policy?
Once the contractor is completed with the granite, marble or other countertop’s installation, you will be asked to inspect the work to make sure that you are completely satisfied before paying the balance. Do not pay until this is done. A good contractor will insist on it. What you are looking for:
- Invisible seams and joining’s.
- Blemish free materials of the right color and style (this should be checked before installation as well)
- Clean up completed as agreed.
- Crew has all tools and materials taken to vehicle
- The countertops are as you expected.