One of the best ways to update your home is to use various types of tile to create visually stunning focal points or even resurface entire areas. If you think tile is boring, it is time to think again - tile contractors can help you to find the right kind of tiles for your home and personality.
Using Tile In Green Building Projects
Amazingly beautiful tiles are made from recycled material. Here are some astounding choices to go over with your tile service professional.
Fireclay Tiles Debris Series – Fireclay tiles has tiles made from 50% post consumer material. Recycled material incorporated into the tiles includes windowpanes, granite dust, and recycled bottles. These elements are not immediately evident in the beautiful, sophisticated design of this series; but you can feel good knowing that they are there.
- Eco Domo’s Recycled Leather Tiles – These are beautiful, durable tiles made from recycled leather and other materials. They come in a wide variety of textures and rich colors, and are a great choice for a den or library.
- Fortis Arbor’s Wood Tiles – These gorgeous wood tiles are made from renewable wood sources, and from scraps of wood that are too small to be crafted into furniture. They are available in many shapes, and in finishes like teak and rosewood.
- Oceanside Glasstile – Oceanside Glasstile manufactures incredible products that are made from a wide variety of recycled glass materials. These tiles are absolutely stunning, and if you are interested in mosaics as a form of tile for your home, be sure to check these out.
Using Art Tile For Incredible Style
Tile is traditionally an insular covering for floors and walls – it stays cool in the summer and helps with heat retention in colder months. Some of the most beautiful art tiles can be used in unexpected ways.
- Mexican Tile – Hand painted Mexican Tile can be used as accents in nearly any décor – often, Mexican Tile depicts flora and fauna, so it can be a good fit. You do not need to use a lot of this tile to make an impact – often, it is better to use just a few in key places.
- English Victorian Tile– This is incredible, handmade, inlaid earthenware tile that looks at home in a Victorian setting or in modern kitchens, bathrooms and other tile projects.
- Moorish Tile – Moorish tile makes the most of small, intricate mosaics – the lines and shapes that make up a Moorish tile project are stunning in any setting.