Installing A Gas Or Electric Furnace: Furnace Contractors In Cherokee County, Texas
Most of us never give our gas or electric furnace a second thought, until there is a problem with it. A furnace never chugs to a stop in the middle of July, mainly because it is not in use at the time. But, when a furnace gasps its last, in the middle of January there are some serious problems. Because a furnace rarely gives a lot of warning before it just up and dies, it is best to consider upgrading it before that happens. During the winter months the heating and cooling crews can be extraordinarily busy trying to keep systems up and running and you might be without heat for a few days. If that is the case, you will other issues to worry about as well. It is time to consider replacing and upgrading a furnace system if:
- Your furnace is twenty years old or older.
- The last season it was run it made clanking, shuddering or squealing sounds
- It has not been as efficient as it normally was.
- The system has not been properly maintained or the maintenance has fallen off in recent years.
- There has been an addition added to the home.
If you have any concerns about the health of your home furnace, have it inspected by a furnace contractor who will let you know whether it can be tuned up and run a few more years or if it is time to haul Ol' Bessy to the curb. (Make sure to have this evaluation done by someone other than a dealer/contractor who stands to make more money by selling you this new system that you "need".) Our contractors can help you decide which furnace type and brand is right for you: Trane, Carrier, Goodman, Amana, or Bryant.
If it is necessary to replace your furnace make sure that you get the right unit:
- Should be big enough to heat the home thoroughly and efficiently, but not too big for the space that it will occupy.
- Of the right type unless you are going to change all of the hook ups and lines as well. If you are going to go from gas to electric or vice versa for instance.
- Make sure you consider the operating costs of each for your area before deciding which is better
Your furnace should be installed only by HVAC experts because of the potential for fire and other hazards caused by improper installation.