The home of the future, and of course, our favorite cartoons, all work with a single button. You push the right button and lights go on or off, music starts, and other items open, close, turn on or off or do whatever they are supposed to do. While there are no systems that will make your children well behaved, or take the smell off of the Golden Retriever if he tangles with a skunk. It will however insure that your home is safe, secure and user friendly.
Why hire a professional for this type of job:
- Some complicated wiring may be required
- Some systems may need some additional updates to be fully integrated
- Improper connection may harm some systems.
- Must know exactly what type of wires, connections and controls should be used.
How to find the right professional for this job:
- Professional references from contractors, electricians, etc.
- References from the system dealer
- References from friends and family who have had the same thing installed
- Internet search
- Yellow pages
Additional questions to ask the professional:
- What kind of education or professional experience do you have?
- Do you have references?
- How many of these systems have you installed?
- Is there anything that I should NOT connect to the automation system?
The professional home automation system installer should carefully explain the way the system works, what is and is not connected to it and what happens during a power outage. You should also be aware that connecting to the automation system can void the warranty for some items, so if you have any questions, you should ask before proceeding.
What can you connect to the home automation system:
- Stereos, televisions and other electronics. (Not computers, however)
- Security systems.
The system can be set to turn things off and on by remote or manually. It can also be set to turn these items off and on automatically for additional security for when the family is away from the home.
Imagine. Walking into your Angelina County, Texas home and hitting one single button and lights start turning on to direct your way and music is softly playing in the background. There is nothing like feeling welcomed home, even if you live there all alone. Or, being able to leave and knowing that it will at least look like someone is home and you are more secure.