Mcintosh County, OK Contractor
Mcintosh County, OK Contractor for your Home Improvement Projects
Find a local Contractor for your Home Improvement home improvement projects.
Popular Home Improvement Projects:
Understanding Interior Crown Moldings, Base Molding, Window Trim, And Custom Moldings
There are many different types of moldings or interior trims. Depending on where the molding is located and what purpose it serves, it usually has a different name. But it is always an advantage to be able to communicate more precisely and professionally with your trim contractor, so here are some basic definitions and explanations to help homeowners as a kind of trim glossary:
- Interior crown moldings: These are moldings that go up high -- hence the name "crown". Look up where the wall meets the ceiling. If you see a kind of decorative trim or a board that is installed to run around that intersection of ceiling to wall, that is the crown molding.
- Base moldings, on the other hand, are those that as the term implies go along the base of the room. These help to keep the walls from being scuffed, for instance, when people walk across the floor because the cover the part where the wall meets the floor.
- An interior trim and moldings contractor will remove these base moldings if you have carpet or flooring installed, and then replace them once the job is finished to ensure that they fit nicely and look good while they also help to hold the flooring in place.
- The trim is the part of the window that hides its casing and makes the window look like it is framed on the wall sort of like a picture.
- Trim contractors also work with window trim, and the services of a skilled interior trim and moldings contractor for installing or repairing window molding trim are essential.
- That's because water can invade your house -- as well as pests like carpenter ants -- if the window trim is out of line or in need of repair. Interior Trim And Moldings Contractor
- Custom moldings are those moldings that are specially made by a trim contractor. You might use these if you live in an older home where the original trim was handmade, or if you live in a house with unique architectural dimensions or features that require custom trim contractor work.
Many custom moldings made by interior trim and moldings contractor pros are done just for decorative reasons, too, and a creative contractor can make fabulously intricate and beautifully flattering moldings to showcase your home.
Search for a Contractor in Mcintosh County, Oklahoma Now!
Find a Contractor Near You in Mcintosh County, OK
Major Cities in Oklahoma
Home Improvement Projects
What's Your Home
Mcintosh County, OK Car Insurance
Save money on your car insurance by comparing price quotes.
Mcintosh County, OK Property Insurance
Protect your Mcintosh County, OK home and property with homeowners insurance.
Mcintosh County, OK Car Dealerships
Save money on a new car when you compare dealership prices. Request a quote now!
Mcintosh County, OK Home Listings
Get property values, home listings and open house scedules from Mcintosh County, OK real estate agents.
Bank Seized Homes in Mcintosh County, OK
Get a deal on Mcintosh County, OK bank seized homes, see foreclosure listings in Mcintosh County, OK.
Mcintosh County, OK Home Improvement
Find contractors in Mcintosh County, OK to do your home repairs and remodeling projects.