Every summer we face the same challenges: swelter in the blazing heat, put a fan on every surface or get air conditioning. With the latter, there are two choices: window or room air conditioning or central air. Unless you plan to block off the house and live in only one room (two, if they are small and adjoining) you absolutely have to have central air conditioning. The hotter it gets inside of the home, the harder it is to cool it back off. If you fish have all gone tropical, your plants are growing thorns in protest and your cereals bowls are all slightly misshapen right in the cabinets, it is time.
Do you need help deciding which brand air conditioner to purchase? Our contractors can help you choose a top brand that is right for you: Trane, Carrier, Goodman, Bryant, or Amana.
Deciding on a HVAC specialist is like hiring any other professional. You must follow the steps so that you get the right unit for your home, at the right price and installed correctly. Interview the HVAC contractors in Idaho before making a final choice and hiring a company. These are some of the things you should cover in the initial interview:
- Are you a certified and licensed HVAC expert?
- Are you certified to contract in Idaho?
- Has your company been in business in Idaho for a while?
- Do you have references and do you mind if they are checked?
- Do you provide written estimates of the total project?
- Is your work guaranteed?
- Are you licensed and bonded?
After you find the right HVAC expert and the project gets underway, there are some additional things that you should keep in mind to make sure that everyone is safe and the workers are able to get their work done in a timely manner:
- Keep children and animals out of the work areas as much as possible.
- Keep the floor/traffic path of the workers as clear as possible
- Check with the crew supervisor about any other special needs during the project.
After the unit is installed and checked for proper performance, ask the HVAC expert for tips and guidelines for maintaining it- for example, should the ductwork be inspected and cleaned every year, etc.
Make sure that you do not abuse your central air conditioning unit- you will not get the house down to bone chilling cold when it is one hundred degrees outside. Keep the outside unit free from debris as much as possible.