Greenhouses Built By Professional Greenhouse Contractors In Washington County, Georgia
There is something special about being able to go out to the backyard and get fresh herbs, vegetables and even some types of fruits and berries, even in the dead of winter. With the price of food these days, it pays to grow as much of your food that you can and if you have a professionally built greenhouse in your backyard, you can do that. All it takes is the right contractor, the right location and the right attitude to get the most out of this project. Many may have been quite contrary, but you are being nothing but wise. However, there are several things to keep in mind when preparing for this project.
The Right Contractor will be one who:
Has excellent references
Provides a free, written estimate for the work he will be doing
Knows the layout of the area, and how to optimize for the best use of the sun.
- Is certified and licensed in Washington County, Georgia
- Has experience with the building of a greenhouse (they require proper light, venting and other factors or nothing will grow right.)
- Knows about the zoning and codes for the Washington County, Georgia area
- Will file any necessary paperwork on your behalf or instruct you where and when to do so.
The right location is:
- Level and flat
- Near enough to the house to be easily accessed but not so close that it breaks up the look or flow of the yard.
- Perfectly angled to make good use of the natural sunlight, year round
- Away from sun blocking trees
The Right Attitude (yours) is one of:
- Joy that you are growing food and beneficial plants
- Hope that your plants will grown healthy and strong
- Understanding that tending to plants in a greenhouse can be a relaxing way to spend the day but can be a lot of work as well.
- Knowledge that the initial cost of the greenhouse is only the beginning as you catch grow fever and want to plant new and exciting plants all of the time
- Flexibility. Some plants do really well in greenhouses, some shrivel up and die.
- Finding what works for the plants that you plan to grow is part of the process.
A greenhouse can give back what you put into it- you can grow seedlings through the winter and then plant them in the garden in the spring. You could even grow your own Christmas tree, carefully and slowly- as your symbol for the future.