Hiring An Hvac Contractor In Ware County, Georgia Without Spending A Month To Do It
In the case of an upgrade or new building you are able to plan ahead and take a little more time finding the right HVAC contractor for whatever you need. However, if the temperature is in the triple digits and the air conditioning just fizzled out or it is in the single digit and the furnace has kicked on for its very last cycle ever, you cannot afford to wait around. You need to have your system repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. Our contractors can help you decide which HVAC system and brand is right for you: Trane, Carrier, Goodman, Amana, or Bryant.
While there are several questions that the experts advocate that you ask when you are hiring a professional, it is not always feasible to follow this procedure when the family is contemplating burning the furniture for warmth, (or to protest) But, before you pull out the trusty yellow pages and hire the first contractor that answers the phone, slow down and stick to the bare basics:
In a heating/cooling emergency:
- Assess the real danger. If the temperature is in the extremes (over 90 or below 55) it might be necessary to move your family to another location until the repairs are made.
- If the temperature in the home is not dire, merely uncomfortable ask yourself if you are really comfortable making your family suffer.
- Bundle up, keeping in mind that you lose the bulk of your heat from your head.
- In the summer, stay cool by kicking on fans to circulate air, drinking water and cooling off with cool face baths.
- If the heat will be off for a day or two or the outside temperature is thirty two or lower allow the faucets to drip a bit so the pipes do not freeze up.
Calling for repairs:
- It is the rare HVAC contractor that does not have an emergency, on call pager number. Leave your name and number with several.
- When the contractors start calling back tell them what happened and see what solutions are offered. In the winter months, the contractors are generally very busy.
- If one cannot fit you into the schedule he may refer you to another. Remember that there are temporary solutions but that they are in fact, only temporary.
Do not think you can spend an entire winter season living with electric heaters and wearing fuzzy robes. Kerosene heaters are dangerous in many cases and can cause dangerous fume build up. Use them only with extreme caution.