Painting to some people is fun. At least until the taping and draping and the tedious edging gets started. A professional paint contractor can paint your room, without tracking paint on the carpet in a fraction of the time that you could and probably with only a fraction of the naughty words as well!
Finding a professional painter:
- Start your search with referrals from the paint supply store
- Referrals from professional contractors
- References from trusted friends and family.
- Internet searches
- Yellow Page search
- Advertisements in the local media outlets
Interviewing the professional painters
- Do you provide free, written estimates?
- Do you also provide warranties?
- Are you a licensed contractor in Ware County, Georgia?
- Are you bonded and insured?
- Do you have references?
- Are there any special techniques or tools that you like to use more than others?
- Do you have a trained crew to help you?
After you get the right answers to the interview questions, you can decide which contractor has the right service and right bid for you. Once you have hired someone for the job, there are ways to make sure that your project goes as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- When the painting crew gets to your home, make sure that the room is prepared and ready.
- Keep kids and pets out of the area.
- Move any furniture, paintings or other items out if possible so there is less to drape or work around.
Discuss the process and method that the painter will be using for the room- will there be sanding, priming and other prep work done before the actual painting starts? How many coats of paint are being contracted for? Some contractors do not care that the paint calls itself "one coat" they will still use two anyway. Others will use the one coat of paint if it is covers well and looks good.
Make sure that all clean up is completed before the job is done for the day. Also, if the contractor agreed to do extras, like hanging artwork or moving items back into the room, make sure that that is also completed.
Finally, make sure that you understand the best way to keep your paint looking fresh and new- the contractor can tell you what the best cleaning methods for each type of paint is.