Augusta, GA Contractor
Augusta, GA Contractor for your Home Improvement Projects
Find a local Contractor for your Home Improvement home improvement projects.
Popular Home Improvement Projects:
Moving Services: Moving Tips From Companies In Augusta, Georgia
Everyday a home, office or company is being moved from one location to another. Whether that move is around the block, across town or across the country the move must be done in such a way that it goes smoothly and without problems. All items have to make it to the destination without breakage or being lost. To make sure that this happens, follow these tips for your next move:
- Most moving services will only insure items that have been broken down by their own staff, so if the item has value, let the crew do the work. Otherwise, put the screws or pins in a plastic bag and then tape them to the item.
- Loading thing inside of other things will save room in the truck.
- Because some moving companies charge by the pound, it is best to consider the actual value of items. Use up food items, sell off things you do not need and donate other items.
- If you are moving within the same area take items to the cleaner or the repair shop for the day of the move and then have them sent to the new address or pick them up once the move is completed.
- For their safety and your own peace of mind, send the kids and pets to a friend or to a relative's home for the day.
- If you have very old appliances it may not really be worth hauling them to the new location.
- Consider renting the boxes that you need or getting them for free from others who have just completed a move as well. (Check the local advertisements for free box ads).
- Before the moving truck pulls away from the old home, reconfirm that they have the correct address and directions to the new location.
- To be on the safe side, keep a change of clothing, medications and any other personal care items that you might need with you in case the truck gets lost or is delayed in any way.
For your own safety and peace of mind only hire moving companies that are:
- Well established in the area and well known.
- Carry adequate insurance in case of loss or damages
- Recommended and respected.
Finally, a move always turns up a new item- or an old treasure that you may have forgotten all about. This is simply a bonus to enjoy when you get to your new home or a story to tell to your new neighbors.
Search for a Contractor in Augusta, Georgia Now!
Find a Contractor Near You in Augusta, GA
Major Cities in Georgia
Home Improvement Projects
What's Your Home
Augusta, GA Car Insurance
Save money on your car insurance by comparing price quotes.
Augusta, GA Property Insurance
Protect your Augusta, GA home and property with homeowners insurance.
Augusta, GA Car Dealerships
Save money on a new car when you compare dealership prices. Request a quote now!
Augusta, GA Home Listings
Get property values, home listings and open house scedules from Augusta, GA real estate agents.
Bank Seized Homes in Augusta, GA
Get a deal on Augusta, GA bank seized homes, see foreclosure listings in Augusta, GA.
Augusta, GA Home Improvement
Find contractors in Augusta, GA to do your home repairs and remodeling projects.