Cabinets And Countertops: Custom Cabinets And Counters For Your Bulloch County, Georgia Home
The kitchen is the heart of the home, or so they often say. You cook your meals in there and most of us eat them there as well. Our parties all eventually end up gathered in there, amenable groups of people laughing and talking, crowding in with one another while coffee brews and pies or cakes are sliced and passed out. It is important for this room to look and feel right to you, especially since you will spend so much time in here. You can dress up a blah bedroom with a new bedspread and a throw pillow or two, but what can you do for a kitchen in that has the blahs? Installing new cabinets and countertops may be the perfect answer. But what should you consider when doing this type of project?
To save you time, money and effort when looking at custom cabinets and countertops:
- Do this as one singular project rather than as two separately. The countertops that you chose will fit on your cabinet base- or at least that is the hope. Ordering them both at the same time will ensure better fit, proper measurement and more seamless appearance once completed.
- Choose durable materials that are going to last and still look good years down the road. Opt for eco-friendly choices wherever possible.
- Do not try to cut corners or circumvent safety measures in any way.
Who should you trust with this type of project?
- A custom cabinet builder or cabinet maker should be your first and only choice for customized cabinet installation- they will be put in by the person who makes them.
- A second option would be to have you cabinets built by one person and then installed by a licensed contractor.
- Do not go through the time and trouble of having custom cabinets created and then install them yourself or have your cousin Martin do it for you. This will void any warranty that you would have had on the cabinets.
What to ask the custom cabinet maker before he begins:
- What are my pricing options?
- What is your experience level?
- Are you certified or licensed in Bulloch County, Georgia?
- Do you have references?
- What is the estimated length of this project?
- Do you use eco-safe techniques or materials?
- What is your clean up policy?