Kitchen Remodeler: The Kitchen Of Your Dreams In Your San Francisco, California Home
If you could pick only one room of your home to redo, which would it be? If you are like the average person your answer was probably the kitchen. We cook there. We eat there. We end up congregating there no matter where the party started originally. With all of that being said, here are some tips to getting the most of your kitchen remodeling project.
Why hire a professional?
- Can get the work done quickly, efficiently and correctly.
- Can usually get materials at a professional discount
- Trained and experienced.
- Insured against injuries and accidents
Where to start on the job:
- Re-facing or refinishing cabinets is cheaper than replacing them
- Synthetic flooring is cheaper than the real thing and safer on the environment
- Eco-conscious choices can be very durable and may actually pay for themselves long before the alternatives would.
- Make good use of the space you have. Unless you knock out a wall and build on, you will never magically wring more space out of a small kitchen.
- If you have the space a center island with a bar is the perfect choice
- Know the pros and cons of the kitchen materials that you are considering.
- Talking green with the remodeler.
Going green is far easier than it once was- encourage the remodeler to incorporate as many green options as possible.
- Consider cork flooring it is simple to install, durable, easy to clean, resist insect infestation and provides insulation. It is also a fairly cushioning material to stand on for long periods as well. Cork flooring can be treated to be fire resistant as well.
- Bamboo is another good choice in the world of green because not only is it renewable it is versatile and can be made to look like much more expensive choices.
- Stamped concrete is a green choice that can also mimic the look of many other materials, including wood, stone, marble and tile.
- Do not overlook the option of using recycled or repurposed materials. A good kitchen remodeler will have a good eye for the perfect material in the perfect spot. Kitchen counters can be one of the trickiest solutions to find- no one material is perfect because of the drawbacks. Consider a blend of several that complement each other.