Getting Your Auto Insurance Estimate Is Now Easier Than Ever Before
There was a time when one had to call individual insurance companies in Concord, CA to get a quote on their car insurance or spend hours discussing details with not-very-knowledgeable insurance agents to get an estimate. However all that is now available on the Internet with the click of a mouse. All you need to do is fill out a form and you can easily get an auto insurance estimate, and the good news is that, you get the auto insurance quote from multiple sources and this gives you the opportunity to compare one estimate against the other.
Here are some of the inputs required to get your auto insurance estimate…
- The state, city and locality in which the would-be-insured lives
- Make, model and body type of the car
- Year of manufacture of the car
- Category / size of the car
- If the car is equipped with theft alarm or not
- Does it have antilock brakes or not
- Does it have airbag safety features or not
- Has the driver taken any safety course such as a defensive driving course
- Whether the driver's record is free of accident and traffic violation fines
- The age of the driver
- Customary use of the car or how much it is going to be used
- Type of insurance needed (ACV, AVP, collision, comprehensive, etc.)
Once the information is duly dispatched, the vehicle insurance estimates are emailed direct to the consumer along with list of discounts that may lower the premium substantially, if applicable.
Here are some of the discounts that you can get on your auto insurance.
Discounts Applicable For Safe Drivers
- Premiere Discount is applicable to drivers who have accident-free record for the past three years and have also carried Standard Automobile Liability Insurance for the same period.
- Premiere Plus Discount is applicable to drivers who have accident-free record for the last five years and have also carried Standard Automobile Liability Insurance for the same period.
- Defensive Driver Discount is applicable to drivers aged 55 or above and have taken an approved Defensive driving class.
Discounts For Safe Cars
- Passive Restraint System Discount is applicable to cars that are equipped with airbags or factory installed motorized seat belts.
- ABS Discount is applicable to cars having factory-installed all-wheel anti-lock braking system.
- Anti-theft device Discount is applicable to cars equipped with anti-theft devices (in certain states)
The car insurance estimate will include discounts for seniors who are 65 or older and have driven more than a quarter of the car's total mileage, while those who are 55 or older and are retired. And if you have served in the military, you can also get a discount.
When several estimates are gathered and applicable discounts are computed against each of them, the basic auto insurance estimate can be obtained.